How to choose the right “Rolling” set for your production
Here are some questions to ask yourself when deciding which set might work best for you:
A) Where do you wish to shoot/use the set(s)?
- At Aero Mock-Ups’ N. Hollywood, CA, facility.
- In Los Angeles, CA.
- In the New York, NY Five-Boroughs area.
- Your location.
B) How long do you need the set?
Our “Rolling” airline cabin sets serve the short term (one or two production days), local rentals that require a quick turn-around with minimal to no build-out.
C) What width cabin are you looking for?
- “One-Side” airline cabin sets comes as a wall unit with no aisle, a Narrow body with one aisle, or a Wide body to Jumbo wide cabin with two aisles. Ceilings, center overhead bins and additional decks are optional.
- One-aisle “Commuter/Regional” aircraft cabin set with 4 across Coach Class seats.
- One-aisle “Narrow body” airline cabin set with five (5) or six (6) across Coach class seats, or four (4) across Business/First class seats.
D) How much cabin length do you require?
- Cabin wall sections are 10’ long, giving you 3 rows of Coach seats or 2 rows of Business/First class seats.
- 20’ long cabin will give you 7 rows of Coach seats or 5 rows of Business/First class seats.
- 30’ long cabin will give you 10 rows of Coach class seats or 7 rows of Business/First class seats.
- 40’ long cabin will give you 14 rows of Coach class seats.
- 50’ long cabin will give you 17 rows of Coach class seats.
- 70’ long cabin will give you 24 rows of Coach class seats.
E) Do you require Service areas?
Service Areas are usually found in the front, rear and often mid cabin. These 10’ long units have practical doors, finished lavatory interiors, lit galley units, Flight attendant jump seat and PA/Intercom station, and closets or combination thereof.
“Rolling” airline sets are fully practical cabin interiors on their own rolling platforms (10″ high deck). Each section is one side of the cabin (with 1/2 an aisle) 10′ long. Floor, wall and overhead bins are one unit. Multiple wall units and flooring are available for you to select the width and length of set that will work best for your scene.
Each wall section has color corrected (Kino 2900) wall-wash lights, functional incandescent passenger reading lights, illuminated flight attendant call buttons, illuminated fasten seat belt and no smoking signs, and deployable oxygen masks and window shades.
Each 10′ length of cabin allows for 3.5 rows of Coach/economy class seats or 2.5 rows of Business/First class seats. The equipment can be set up as a “One side” cabin, or one (1) aisle “Commuter wide” (up to 4 coach seats across and one aisle) cabin, or one (1) aisle “Narrow body” (up to 6 coach seats across) cabin, or as a two (2) aisle “Wide body” (with up to 7 coach seats across), or as a two (2) aisle “Extra wide body” (with up to 8 coach seats across), or as a two (2) aisle “Jumbo wide body” (with up to 10 across coach class seats). The set comes with a complement of Seats. Set appropriate Set Dressing included with rental.
Production value is added with Service Areas that can be placed in the front, middle or end of any width “Rolling” set. Complete galley units (units differ in equipment offered), practical or plug doors, lavatory units and Flight attendant station (except in S2 service area) are available. Additional Cockpit, Service Areas, Doors and Walls are optional.
As a “Narrow body”, ceilings have color corrected (Kino 2900) florescent tubes and as a wide body the center overhead bins have (MR16) reading lights. “Wide body” ceiling wash lights are not provided.
These are supervised sets that will require an Aero Mock-Ups Technical Supervisor at all times.